GLORIOUS GOODWOOD

 

Θ Created by the 3rd Duke of Richmond, the first public racing took place at Goodwood in 1802

Θ The first running of the Goodwood Cup was in 1812

Θ The Festival, originally 2 days, was first moved to the end of July in 1814 and became known as 'Goodwood Week'

Θ The Queen opened the March Grandstand in 1980

Θ The total racing surface covers an area of 35 acres

 


 

THE CHAMPION CLAIMS HIS PRIZE

 

 

Θ The total prize fund for the festival is 2.19 million

Θ The estimated number of bets placed with the tote at the festival is 300,000 (60,000 per day)

Θ 4,800 bottles/28,800 glasses of Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label champagne are served

Θ 500 lobsters are served throughout the festival

Θ The on-site helicopter pad accommodates over 150 helicopter movements over the five days

Θ 4,000 organic burgers, 1,000 organic sausages, and 650kgs of organic roast beef are sold 

 

 
 
 

PHOTO FINISH

 

GALLERY


Θ Photography ~ Eli Ankutse

Special thanks to Veuve Clicquot

EDITOR | SAMSON